6.19.2013

Moving to project:haus, permanently.

Getting happy. I mentioned this in January, I think. And now it's June and I am mentioning it again.

It struck a cord with some of you - my getting happy. A fellow mom and friend said to me after I posted it, "Looking forward to seeing where this goes." Guess that's what happens when you actually share your thoughts with others. And since January, there have been a few disjointed conversations that have happened over the sound of playing children that have kept me at least a bit focused on this getting happy thing.

One of them was with one of my favorite women who is also a mom and a wife. She gave me the analogy that as mothers we are often throwing our prana (life energy or breath) away - at others, at our children, at endless to do lists and domestic responsibilities, leaving very little for our own sustenance or passion. It's a lovely analogy for me because it is so tangible to me - I can actually see when it is happening and can actually feel it in my body. So, I am reeling in my prana - looking at all the places I throw my energy away.

And let me tell you, there are many.

Some are conscious and others lie deep in my overcrowded mind - keeping me distracted and discontented. Too many things to do, not enough time. When in actuality, there is time and there is energy. It is just choosing how to use both, wisely. And in choosing and getting clear about what I want to do, it always means I get some idea of what I don't want to do. And though I have loved this blog and am certainly always mentally bombarded with ideas of new projects, part of getting happy for me now is prioritizing and part of prioritizing is simplifying, in all areas of my life.

And part of simplifying is having one blog, not two. So, please, make the shift and start following me over at project: haus, my new home, for good.

2 comments:

  1. Every day I visit a number of blog sites to see content, however this offers quality based content. playground design

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really great browse, optimistic web site, where by u develop the actual details in todays post? I 've browse the majority of the articles or blog posts with your web site presently, and I very such as your vogue. Thanks a million and please constantly function effectively

    davia leather
    new game kids
    toko jaket kulit murah di garut
    jaket kulit asli domba
    jaket kulit jakarta
    jaket kulit
    abwaba
    permainan terbaru
    layali store
    permainan games memasak
    permainan memasak sara
    permainan games barbie

    ReplyDelete