But I still am not thrilled about expensive toys that may or may not be played with. I will choose to give something handmade, every time.
Inspired by this clever idea at Saltwater Kids blog, I went about gathering some supplies to make a few fort bags myself.
The best part: the $10/bag price!
- Twin sheet $5.00 (Ross, Marshalls or thrift store - I didn't have time to get to thrift store)
- Rope $1.00 (local dollar store)
- Clothespins $2.00 (2 packs of metal ones - Daiso, my favorite Japanese dollar store)
- Flashlight $1.00 (local dollar store)
- Carrying bag $1.00 (local dollar store)
I didn't have time to make a cute little tag - my hand written had to be good enough...
|Twin sheet, clothes pins, rope, flash light and carrying tote!|
|Doesn't need any additional wrapping!|
|Twin sheet, wooden clothes pins, rope, flashlight + carrying case!|
|On the gift table!|