8.14.2012

The train table gets a face-lift

A close friend remarked a few days ago "I miss the creative me, even if that creative me was showing up while making play dough."

And I realized that is how I feel. People keep asking how life is with two. But really it should be "how is life with a 3.5 year old and an infant? It's exhausting and all consuming. I forget that I have a 7 month old baby and that we are still in that tumultuous and topsy turvy time known as the 1st year of life because my ideas don't care if I am too tired. They just keep on coming and I have to choose to let them pass or find the time and energy to make them happen.

Well, I made this one happen.

Remember our train table?

It was time for a switch-a-roo. We did clean up with Thomas and Friends and tucked them away in the red chest for another day. I cleaned off the Lack Table...


and got out the Autobahn Tape that I bought last summer and shipped to Oma and Opa's house in Germany. And 30 minutes later...









And if you are wondering how I found the time. It goes like this: send 3 year old to swim class with papa on Saturday morning, put 7 month old down for the morning nap, make a cup of tea, get out the scissors, take pictures with my iPhone, send them to Blogger via an app called Blogger+ and then wait for a 10 minute window (days later) to add some text and hit publish.

And now, it's nap time for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm..... I've been thinking of re-visioning the train table... Thanks for the reminder!!!

    ReplyDelete