5.01.2012

One family makes a difference...


{Stayed tuned for a new DIY in May...}

I was just about to call it quits on Facebook and then some "middle of the night, up-nursing the baby FB scrolling" challenged me to rethink its usefulness.

Here is why.

I don't stay in touch with everyone that I want to and what I realized last week is that my occasional peeping into FB allows me to catch a glimpse or two into the lives of people I wish I talked to more often. My friend Becky is the perfect example. We went to college together and as I sit here writing this my mind is flooded with one smile inducing memory after another. Makes me want to run to my photo albums and take a look and then call her. Regardless, she moved, I moved. Marriage, babies, jobs, life. That's how it goes, though I will take full responsibility for not staying in touch over the years for really no clear reason at all.

This is where Facebook comes in. She happened to post something at just the right moment that totally caught my attention:

In 2011, she and her family took it upon themselves to Buy American for one year.

In an attempt to simplify and buy locally, this was their path. Eye opening and at times challenging, it goes to show that one family can in fact make a difference.

For their blog Buy American for One Year, click here

For the story in the local Sun Valley paper, click here

No comments:

Post a Comment