7.07.2011

Thursday morning art work






I didn't plan this activity. I rarely do. But something about this morning's impromptu art session stood out to me. Maybe it was because he asked for it. Maybe it was because after a bad night's sleep I was too tired "to do" the dishes and instead sat down and watched his every move. Maybe it was because he purposefully and meticulously chose the colors he wanted to use and then very earnestly put the caps of the markers on the bottom of the pen, as he has presumably watched me do. Maybe it was because after I traced his hand the first time, he kept wanting more and more and more. Maybe it was because he said the names of the colors, not all of them, but enough to make me realize just how "not baby" he really is. 

Maybe it was because the end result was masterpieces of toddler boy art, like these...


No comments:

Post a Comment