Did you know that United stopped doing pre-boarding for families with children? Could this be. It can't be. I am going to hope that it is only for domestic travel. Really makes me wish we were flying with Lufthansa. For that reason and a few others.
Regardless, countdown, less than a week, before the little man and I set forth for Germany.
He's done it, I've done it - so I shouldn't be too concerned. But somehow 12 hours on an airplane at 12 weeks pregnant with a 2.5 year old, well, I am sure you can understand my state of mind. With a bit of extra meditation and some proper planning, I am hoping to be ready for anything.
So, in my arsenal:
- Change of clothes for him
- Change of clothes for me
- Pajamas for him (to create the illusion of a bed-time ritual)
- Nowali moccasins for him (for during the flight)
- Diapers and enough wipes
- Pacifiers for sleep-time (We'll transition away from these after this summer trip!)
- One new toy
- One favorite toy
- A load of stickers
- Crayons and paper
- 2 favorite books
- A book for me
- Familiar cuddle blanket
- Peekaboo Farm and Peekaboo Wild on my iPhone
- 2 episodes of Thomas the Train and 2 episodes of Bob the Builder in my iTunes on my computer
- Toddler sized headphones
- Snacks, snacks, snacks
And all of this fits into my backpack and his tiny backpack (which can attach to mine), so my hands are free! Plus a new lighter than air Maclaren umbrella stroller and we're ready to go.
What did I forget?
What other tips + tricks do you have?