1.11.2011

Keeping your gooloos warm


Illustration by Penelope Dullaghan

Since this week on repurposed playground has been about projects using old sweaters, I was tickled when I read this blog post today from a wonderful artist and mom Penelope Dullaghan.

It made me think of my dad. When I was little, we always needed to make sure that our gooloos were covered. Gooloos you ask? Its part back side, part lower back, part kidneys. Seems he wasn't too far off - in Chinese medicine keeping the kidneys covered and warm during the winter is important in maintaining health and well being. And since the kidneys are located sort of lower backish, the gooloos it is.

Penelope's easy do project, is just the right thing to keep your gooloos warm too!
Click here for her full post

No comments:

Post a Comment