11.17.2010

A little luxury

image found here


I have a vice and it has nothing to do with anything used or recycled or repurposed.

It's white 400 thread count sheets.

But I do have a secret. And its called the Linen Outlet.

We didn't have a regular wedding which meant we did not have a regular wedding registry. At the time we lived in a one bedroom apartment in the city, with no guestroom and no room for table settings for 12. We had bedding and we had everyday dishes, there was nothing else we needed.

But now, in a house with ample space, a guestroom, a pull out couch in the living room, a linen closet and our first non-family guests coming for Thanksgiving next week, I allowed myself the guilty pleasure of new sheets. The secret is that it was not so guilty.

Different from your standard discount store like TJ Maxx or Marshalls, the Linen Outlet has extremely helpful employees and multiples of the same thing. So if you want all white fitted sheets and pillowcases, all you have to do is ask. In and out in 10 minutes, and I can scratch this little task off my list.

But why only white you ask? Well, that is my other secret - keep things simple and the same. It means you never have to figure out what matches or what fits on what bed. And, it makes for a tidy linen closet. And well, that is just the next best thing to new white sheets.

No comments:

Post a Comment