11.19.2010

I saw it's potential...



I mentioned the rummage sale I couldn't resist a few weekends ago. I schlepped this rather sad ottoman/stool/pouf home with me in the rain, because for $3 who could resist.

When I pulled it out to reupholster, my husband replied, "What are you planning for this thing? You must have seen it's potential because this is uuugglyy."

Indeed.

Another rainy weekend later and a fruitless trip to a nearby fabric store (trips to fabric store no longer feasible with one fast and clever 19 month old hooligan), I came home lamenting that nothing I try to do these days works the way I want it to. Once over my self-indulgent pity party, I combed through my box of fabrics and what do you know, found just the perfect thing.



I ended up using this old Pottery Barn twin bedskirt and part of a chair cover of the same pattern that I knew I would never use. I love using bedskirts and curtain panels for projects because you can use the finished seams to your advantage.



I took it all apart, even the hinges and the upholstery tacks on the inside of the lid.



A massive amount of staples later, and I am extremely happy with the outcome.



2 comments:

  1. Love it! Great job. I love seeing the potential others question.

    ReplyDelete