3.15.2011

A space for me





There are 2 strange little spaces off the bedroom upstairs. Inspired by the need to have an extra space for the nugget to sleep if we ever need his room for an additional guest room, we decided to build a wall.

And believe it or not, over Christmas with a full house of guests, the nugget slept in the unfinished space and it worked just fantastically.

Then it just became empty space again.

Then it got filled with trains and cars, of course.







































And then, after a bit of thought and I a realization that our space upstairs gets to be a semi-kiddo free space, at least some of the time, I decided, to make it a space for me.

Here it is - my space to write and spread and leave a mess if I want to.

It has my favorite things - the birch trees were painted by my mother-in-law, the elephant vase is from France, the coral is from...i think i have to keep that classified, the orange desk accessories are a flea market find and the teal velvet curtains are on of the last remaining pieces of my last apartment as a single woman. So yes, this is my space and it makes me happy.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Alex - how did you remove that wiggly silver hanging rack?
    We have the same (hand-me-down) play kitchen & that thing is such a pain! But, I can't figure out how to remove the left (when facing it) side - the closure seems to be hidden...
    Any suggestions?

    Thanks!
    Kendra

    ReplyDelete